Book Reviews

After years of reading and reviewing books, I decided to compile my reviews here along with other ramblings.
I go through seasons when I read more than I write, and then the winds blow and I write far more than I read. What I've learned from both seasons is this:

Reviews are important
For an author, they are the #1 best form of advertisement.
For a reader, they're reassurance.
A reader searches for a new book on Amazon, finds one with a few hundred solid 4-to-5 star reviews, and assumes it to be a good read. A healthy number of reviews tells the reader, "Hey, your money is safely spent here! Click buy!"
Sadly, authors struggle to gain reviews. The reason is simple enough: Many people don't want to take a minute to click a link and leave a few words, and most don't realize what an impact their review can have.

Supporting other authors is important
A community of writers supporting one another is a powerful force. Each brings their set of skills to the table and everyone benefits. There's no room for competition when you're all on the same team.
A couple of amazing indie authors have come alongside me and spurred me on when the passion died down or the words just wouldn't come. They know what to say to get me back in the game, and are the ones I look forward to sharing my successes with. Why? Because they care.
And hearing they are thriving in their own writing journeys brings me joy, too. We look for ways to help one another improve. It's a special bond, and many miss out on it because they're too focused on self.
We need one another.
In this line of work, allies are necessary.
Like with an old bookend, you don't realize how much support it gives a book until it's removed. Let's be one another's bookends, holding each other up.

That said, I'm going to use this blog to promote both authors and the reviews their books have earned. If you want an author interview or your book reviewed, shoot me an email at authorkellipizarro@yahoo.com.

Some of the reviews are recent, some are older. I love that books are timeless and don't expire.


Happy Reading!


Comments

Popular Posts